Docketing in MDL Case and Spreading to Member Cases
This document is merely intended to highlight the functionality that you should pay close attention to when spreading docket entries to member cases associated with this MDL matter. Please be aware that the following instructions are not intended to be a step by step guide as to each and every screen you will encounter while docketing in the District of New Hampshire's CM/ECF system.
1. Select the appropriate event for the pleading you are filing and enter the MDL case number (12-md-2320).
2. When presented with the question "Do you want to spread this docket entry?" select the radio button to the left of Yes.
3. On the next screen, select All if the document you are filing relates to all member cases. If your filing does not relate to all member cases of this MDL, ONLY select those cases to which the document you are filing relates.
OR Note: To select multiple cases, press the ctrl key on your keyboard and then point and click the mouse on the cases you wish to select.
4. When presented with the question "Do you want to spread effects?" click the radio button to the left of Yes.
5. On the screen that asks you to "Select the Filer/Select the Party" select the party on behalf of whom you are filing the document in each case.
Defendant in member case.
Defendant in master MDL case.
Note: To select multiple parties, press the ctrl key on your keyboard and then point and click the mouse on the parties you wish to select.
6. If you are filing a document on behalf of many parties, some of whom you do not represent, make certain to UNCHECK the box to the left of any party that you do not represent.
7. On the docket text screen before completing the transaction, make certain the docket text correctly reflects the parties on behalf of whom the document was filed, as well as the cases to which the filing relates. If the docket text is not correct, start the transaction over.
This entry correctly displays the cases and parties related to this filing.
8. Please contact Judge Barbadoro's case manager, Vincent Negron, or his back-up, Maryanne Michaelis, or the court's CM/ECF Helpdesk for further assistance.
Vincent Negron (603) 226-7733 firstname.lastname@example.org Maryanne Michaelis (603) 225-1478 ...